Campus Tour Guides in America make an average salary of $27,800 per year or $13 per hour. The top 10 percent makes over $42,000 per year, while the bottom 10 percent under $18,000 per year.
Do student college tour guides get paid?
Tour guides currently operate on an entirely volunteer basis. Student guides are only paid for work over holidays like spring and summer breaks. Despite students’ willingness to work for no pay, tour guides should nevertheless be compensated for their contribution to the university’s student recruitment process.
Do tour guides make good money?
Generally speaking, tour guides can earn between $50 and $150 per day taking a lot of factors into consideration such as experience, locations, training, type of tour, and others. … Some of the more experienced tour guides earn anywhere between $30,000 and $60,000 per year.
What does a college tour guide do?
Tell stories. The ultimate goal of a tour guide is to tell the narrative of your institution. Prospective students should leave with the best possible understanding of your campus. Tour guides are tour guides for a reason: we love our schools and want to talk about them.
How much does a tour guide make per hour?
The average wage for a tour guide in the United States is around $11.32 per hour.
Should you tip a college tour guide?
No, you do not tip the tour guides. This is not like a guided tour of Europe. Many times college employees in Admissions give these tours.
Do Clemson tour guides get paid?
Average Clemson University Tour Guide hourly pay in the United States is approximately $13.37, which is 26% below the national average.
How much do tour guides make in tips?
Most common benefits
The average salary for a tour guide is $20.46 per hour in the United States and $60.00 tips per day.
What are top paying jobs?
Here is a look at the top 100 highest-paying jobs:
- Cardiologist. National average salary: $351,827 per year.
- Anesthesiologist. National average salary: $326,296 per year.
- Orthodontist. National average salary: $264,850 per year.
- Psychiatrist. National average salary: $224,577 per year.
- Surgeon. …
- Periodontist. …
- Physician. …
What are fun high paying jobs?
Fun Jobs That Pay Well
- Voice actor. Pay: Up to $500 an hour.
- Professional video gamer. Pay: At least $100,000 a year. …
- Food critic. Salary: $76,612. …
- Supercar driving instructor. Salary: Up to $120,000. …
- Chocolatier. Salary: $29,040. …
- Interior designer. Salary: $49,810. …
- Mystery shopper. Salary: Up to $75,000. …
- Marine biologist. …
Are college tours fun?
All the time, it’s fun. As with any family trip, it’s not where you go, but whom you’re with. College trips offer concentrated time with your child, when available time is increasingly rare.
How do I become a good campus tour guide?
An effective campus tour guide has many qualities: professionalism, communication, storytelling, positivity and enthusiasm, creative thinking, adaptability, and more. Beyond these, however, there are many small changes any guide can make to elevate the overall quality of their tour.
Why I love being a tour guide?
8 Reasons Why Being a Tour Guide is the Best Job
- You’ll learn a valuable skill set for a future career. …
- You will see more countries & cities than you ever thought possible. …
- You will be living the dream. …
- You’ll become an expert on history, art and architecture. …
- Your colleagues will be just like you!