The genuine and subsisting relationship rule is one of the unique criteria in UK spouse visa applications. … Providing your marriage certificate is mandatory, but it is not enough evidence on its own to prove that a relationship is genuine and subsisting.
What documents are required for UK dependent visa?
What Documents Do I Need to Provide to Apply for a UK PBS Dependant Visa?
- A passport or other valid travel document.
- Marriage Certificate for Spouse or Birth Certificate for Child.
- Bank statements.
- Evidence of relationship between the dependant and main applicant.
- The results of your tuberculosis test (if applicable)
Is marriage certificate enough for dependent visa?
With a dependent visa, the dependents of a lawful migrant to a country such as spouse, dependent children or parents can enter and stay in the country. … Documents that prove the relationship are required such as marriage certificate in case of spouse and birth certificate in case of children.
Is marriage certificate mandatory for visa?
Extremely helpful in obtaining visas for both husband and wife. As the foreign embassies in India as well as in countries outside India, do not recognize traditional marriages, the Marriage Certificate is mandatory for the couple to travel abroad using a spouse visa.
What are the documents required for UK spouse visa?
UK Spouse Visa Document Checklist
- UK visa application form. …
- Valid passport with at least an empty page in order to be able to affix visa.
- Your previous passports.
- Two passport-sized color photos that are in line with the requirements set by the UK.
- Proof of English language requirement.
- Proof of financial means.
Is it mandatory to have spouse name in dependent visa?
No, it is not mandatory to have your spouse name on the passport.
What documents do I need for spouse visa?
What Documents do I need for a UK Spouse or Partner Visa?
- Valid passport.
- Proof that your relationship is genuine.
- Evidence of meeting the financial requirement.
- Proof of meeting the English language requirement.
- Adequate accommodation.
Is marriage certificate mandatory to travel abroad?
There is no such thing as a compulsory registration of marriages under the Hindu Marriage Act, which sets it apart from other enactments. … Registration of marriages under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 is often recommended to all those who plan to stay overseas, or even visit for a considerable period.
Can spouse work on student dependent visa in UK?
Any dependants who are over 16 years old will be able to work full time in the UK. There are no restrictions on the type of work they can do except: No work as a doctor or dentist in training. No work as a professional sportsperson or coach.
Which country is best for dependent visa?
Countries with the best post-study work visas
- New Zealand. Not only can you stay in New Zealand for a generous amount of time on most work visas, but you can also support visas for your partner and children. …
- Canada. …
- Australia. …
- United Kingdom. …
- United States.
Is marital status required in passport?
Not needed. Passports do not have marital status mentioned anywhere. No immigration authority will ever ask this question. The visa for the respective country is all important.
Do I need marriage certificate for passport renewal?
NOTE: If woman opts to retain maiden name, a Marriage Contract is not required. *Additional requirements may be required. If photo copy of the applicant’s last issued passport is available, the Birth Certificate will not be required. …
How do I obtain a marriage certificate?
Married in the U.S.: How to Get a Certified Copy of a Marriage Certificate. Contact the state vital records office. They may direct you to the clerk of the city or county where the license was issued or to another local office.
Can you apply for spouse visa before marriage?
If you are not married to a British national, you will need to wait a period of 12 months before you can apply.