Tour Operators are involved in planning, development, promotion, administration and implementation of tourism products.
What are the main function of a tour operator?
The tour operator is responsible for creating and maintaining tour packages for customers. Management of tour packages includes preparing activities that appeal to the specific travelers embarking on the trip.
What are the functions of travel agency and tour operator?
In this chapter we will discuss the major functions of travel agencies and tour operators such as marketing and publicity, booking of tickets, itinerary preparation, designing of tour packages, processing of travel documents, travel insurance, travel research, conducting tours etc.
What are three types of tour operators and explain each?
What kinds of tours are there?
- Domestic tours involve residents of the given country traveling only within their own country. …
- Outbound Tour Operators take residents from one country to travel in another country. …
- Inbound Tours involve non-residents traveling in another country.
What are the 3 departments of a travel agency?
The role of most agencies has been diversified into a series of services that can be divided into six main areas:
- 1) Travel Management. …
- 2) Passenger assistance. …
- 3) Consulting. …
- 4) Marketing and internal communication. …
- 5) Technology. …
- 6) Leisure Services.
What are the types of tour operators?
Types of Tour Operators. There are five main categories of tour operators that you could fall into: inbound tour operators, outbound tour operators, domestic tour operators, receptive tour operators, and ground tour operators.
What are the 5 basic functions of a travel management agency?
The most important functions of a travel agency are described below:
- Travel Information: A retail travel agency provides necessary travel information to the general public. …
- Preparation of Itineraries: …
- Liaison with Providers of Service: …
- Ticketing: …
- Provision of Foreign Currencies: …
What tour operations ultimately?
What does a tour operator do? Ultimately, a tour operator is responsible for putting the different elements of a holiday together into a commodified package. To do this, there are a number of different roles and responsibilities that tour operator staff will have.
What is an example of a tour operator?
A tour operator does not always sell flights, they can also be purely ground-based. Cycling holidays, yoga retreats, wellness holidays, detox retreats, skiing holidays, hiking breaks, theatre breaks, cookery escapes are all examples of tour operators.
What are the basis for classification of tour operators?
Tour operators can be classified on the basis of nature of tour, business and their area of operation of package tours. This helps in understanding the difference of meaning and function of each category. Thus, the classification includes inbound, outbound, domestic and ground operator.
What are the elements of a travel agent?
- The travel agents should have the following elements.
- Good Communication skills.
- Customer Service skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Organizational skills.
- Sales skills.
- Knowledge of Destination.