A tour opeartor needs a Public Driving Permit, which allows one to paying passengers on public roads. You need to hold a valid driving licence for the size of vehicle you will drive. You obtain such a permit from the Road Traffic Inspector.
What is are important requirements for an effective tour guide?
Here are qualities a great tour guide should possess:
- Knowledge of the Tour Area.
- Ability to Communicate Effectively.
- Strong Empathy and Understanding.
- Charismatic Personality.
- Keen Ability to Improvise and Adapt.
- Focuses on Building Rapport.
- Engaging Storyteller and Actor.
What are the entry requirements for a tour guide?
- customer service skills.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- to be flexible and open to change.
- sensitivity and understanding.
- an interest and knowledge of history.
- a good memory.
- knowledge of English language.
What is code of conduct for tour guides?
A Tour Guide shall: (i) Must have respect for belief system; (ii) Be punctual; (iii) Maintain acceptable personal hygiene; (iv) Well Dressed (v) Ensure that privacy of tourist is respected (vi) Be ethical; (vii) Behave politely; (viii) Act friendly and approachable; Tour guide must also keep in mind following points.
What are responsibilities of tour guide?
Tour guides escort groups of tourists on bus or minibus trips and provide them with factual and interesting information about the sights they see. A group of tourists has probably previously been on several guided tours, so a guide’s presentation has to be dynamic to hold their interest.
What makes a tour guide confident?
They’re confident with the details of their job.
They know their routes like the backs of their hands and set their guests at ease. This helps guests feel confident and comfortable, even if they’re doing something that feels adventurous—and it’s reflected in tips.
Do you need a Licence to be a tour guide?
You don’t need a licence to guide in London unlike, say a drivinglicences, taxi licence or to practice various forms of healthcare, etc. You just advertise yourself as a guide and there you go.
How do you conduct a tour?
The Do’s of a Great Tour Guide
- Tip #1: Do your research. …
- Tip #2: Know your audience. …
- Tip #3: Rehearse what you’re going to say. …
- Tip #4: Introduce yourself. …
- Tip #5: Give a brief overview of the tour route, along with some of the major highlights guests can expect to see.
What are the ethics of tourism?
Ethical tourism simply means keeping in mind the effects of one’s actions as a traveler on the environment and local community. Geared towards consumers as well as the industry, ethical tourism aims to avoid participation in activities that contribute to or support negative ethical issues.
What does the Global Code of Ethics for tourism do?
The Global Code of Ethics for Tourism (GCET) is a comprehensive set of principles whose purpose is to guide stakeholders in tourism development: central and local governments, local communities, the tourism industry and its professionals, as well as visitors, both international and domestic.
What roles do tour guides perform in interpretation?
Tour guides mediate between tourists and locals and the environment. Mediating moves beyond telling tourists how to think and feel about their experiences; it is about leading them to their own conclusions and letting them learn.